viernes, 1 de abril de 2011

My teaching philosophy


I have to admit that I don’t have a lot of experience in teaching, actually the only experience I´m having is with my cousin, and I think is difficult to get to a philosophy of teaching when your experience as a teacher is limited, even though my experience is limited I´ve observed different classes of English´s teachers and clearly there are some aspects that I dislike, just like when they left a child behind.

As a future teacher I try to imagine or structure a way of teaching, my philosophy of teaching, I think the learner has to be the center of the class where the teacher acts as a guide of the learning process and the learners are actively involved in the class and in the activities, with no student left behind an interactive class, engaging students in a dialogue, and often putting students into dialogue with each other, that way develop in the students a critical point of view and communication skills. Besides all this, I have to say that the environment is very important, create a reliable and a democratic place where the students feel the confidence to talk and lose the fear of making mistakes, with no favoritisms for any students because they´re all trying to learn, even though you have to be aware that not all students acquire knowledge of the same way and rhythm.
I think that a good way of teaching a new language is motivating the students to learn it and show them that is useful, above all nowadays where the use of English in this case open the doors to a society that is growing more and more to another countries, either in the field of work or studies and clearly will open their minds to a new and different culture. I believe that for being a good teacher you have to be aware of some methods of teaching, for me, the communicative language teaching approach is very helpful for the interactions, the grammar translation method, that instructs students in grammar and provides vocabulary with directs translations to memorize, even though memorizing doesn´t help too much to create a critical review, but still, students need to have to learn grammar, that way they can communicate and make use of their knowledge of the language they´re acquiring.

To finish I would like to say that I like a future teacher, you have to be conscious that you´re going to be in charge of the future of children, so you have to be responsible of the things you teach and the values that you will transmitted to them, so improve yourself show the best and that way your students will be motivated to learn and keep learning. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario